Friday, June 30, 2006

New Gary Ecelbarger book news

I was able to confirm from Gary Ecelbarger that he does indeed have a new Valley Campaign subject book coming out in the near future. The working title is Shenandoah Shockwaves and the period covered is May 22-25, 1862 so the book includes Front Royal, Middletown and Winchester. Scheduled for a Summer 2007 release, it will be part of University of Oklahoma Press's Campaign and Commanders Series.

---------------------

As an aside, my mention of Lulu.com in a previous post about POD publishing was merely to highlight an example and was not meant as an endorsement of that particular company. I've never actually held any of their products in my hands.

---------------------

I recently finished reading Paul Branch's Siege of Fort Macon and will post a short review next week. Currently, I have Stephen Townsend's The Yankee Invasion of Texas on the nightstand. Looks great so far.

2 comments:

  1. I was recently on tour in the Valley with Gary, and rest assured his book will have lots of "good stuff", not the least of which is the acknowledgement that there were indeed Union troops invloved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt. He mentioned to me that "the book has several eye-opening discoveries, some of which I revealed in a couple of North and South articles a few years ago." I was thinking of going back through my pile of N&Ss because I am drawing a blank on articles he wrote for that mag.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.