Thursday, July 30, 2009

Welcome to M. Jane Johansson

I've already added Jane Johansson's The Trans-Mississippian to my blogroll, but I thought I would mention it in a post. Hers is the first blog from an academic historian to focus entirely on the T-M theater. She plans on posting 2-3 times per week, and I'm keen to follow her writing.

The professor's Civil War books include Peculiar Honor: A History of the 28th Texas Cavalry, 1862-1865 (Univ. of Arkansas Press, 1998) and Widows by the Thousand: The Civil War Correspondence of Theophilus and Harriet Perry, 1862-1864 (Arkansas, 2000). Perry, an officer in the 28th, was killed at Pleasant Hill.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind welcome to the blogging world! I am looking forward to developing my blog about the Trans-Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.