Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hatfields and McCoys

After 30 minutes of History's 3-part Hatfield and McCoy saga, I decided I didn't want to sit through eleven more such periods.  I didn't hate it, just wasn't interested in seeing trees outdo Costner in expressing emotion and Paxton feverishly moaning "game over, man" when surrounded by a swarm of bloodthirsty Hatfields.  But on a serious note, this site has received hundreds of hits over the past couple days from those seeking more information on the feud.  With self interest in mind, I do not share Dimitri's concern about the frequency of blog posts being ranked high on new book Google searches.  However, in this case, I am afraid that these new visitors will find that I actually haven't written too much on the feud participants [ see: review of The Other Feud: William Anderson "Devil Anse" Hatfield in the Civil War and a brief content rundown for the 1863 volume from the Virginia at War series of essay compilations].

1 comment:

  1. I got tired of the series much faster than you. I found the opening Civil War battle scenes unrealistic and looking like a twentysomething's idea of how the war was fought.

    Ralph Poore

    ReplyDelete

Blogger ID not required, but if you choose not to create one please sign your post with your name (no promotional information, please). Otherwise, your comment and/or link may be deleted.