The first of the Spring/Summer 2014 university press catalogs are trickling out. I've listed below the Civil War period titles to be released by each. On a related note, it's also winter sale season for many of these presses.
* Reconstructing Appalachia: The Civil War’s Aftermath edited by Andrew L. Slap
* Guide to the Richmond- Petersburg Campaign edited by Charles R. Bowery, Jr. and Ethan S. Rafuse.
* Loathing Lincoln: An American Tradition from the Civil War to the Present by John McKee Barr.
* Emancipation, the Union Army, and the Reelection of Abraham Lincoln by Jonathan W. White.
* Gateway to the Confederacy: New Perspectives on the Chickamauga and Chattanooga Campaigns, 1862–1863 by Edited by Evan C. Jones and Wiley Sword.
* With Malice toward Some: Treason and Loyalty in the Civil War Era by William A. Blair.
* Stonewall’s Prussian Mapmaker: The Journals of Captain Oscar Hinrichs edited by Richard Brady Williams.
* Learning from the Wounded: The Civil War and the Rise of American Medical Science by Shauna Devine.
* Music Along the Rapidan: Civil War Soldiers, Music, and Community during Winter Quarters, Virginia by James A. Davis.
* Manassas: A Battlefield Guide by Ethan S. Rafuse.
* A Lincoln Dialogue by James A. Rawley, edited by William G. Thomas.
* Citizen-General: Jacob Dolson Cox and the Civil War Era by Eugene D. Schmiel.
* Civil War Chicago: Eyewitness to History edited by Theodore J. Karamanski and Eileen M. McMahon.