Friday, October 23, 2015

Too Useful to Sacrifice

Publisher Savas Beatie recently tweeted the cover of a tantalizing title scheduled for 2016 — Too Useful to Sacrifice: Reconsidering George B. Mcclellan's Generalship in the Maryland Campaign from South Mountain to Antietam by Steven R. Stotelmyer. I don't think I've ever come across any of the author's previous writings that might shed light on what direction he's likely to take. A quick Google search tells me he's an Antietam battlefield guide and the author of The Bivouacs of the Dead: The Story of Those Who Died at Antietam and South Mountain.

I know someone who would kill to be the first person to read this book.

5 comments:

  1. Drew,

    Hmm. Let's see? Dimitri? :)

    --Ted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The person I am thinking of has a Russian name, initials D.R. and his name rhymes with Dimitri Rotov. So, yes, we are probably looking at the same guy!

      Delete
  2. LOL. When I accepted this manuscript I thought DR would have to be among the first to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve is long-time friend and good scholar. I have read his chapters and helped with a bit of research. His views will make Dimitri smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm genuinely excited by this work. It's a shame I can't get it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger ID not required, but if you choose not to create one please sign your post with your name (no promotional information, please). Otherwise, your comment and/or link may be deleted.