Friday, March 24, 2006

Donald Frazier

As I mentioned before in my list of 20 great Trans-Mississippi Civil War titles posted back in January, I am a fan of Donald Frazier's Blood & Treasure: Confederate Empire in the Southwest. I like to see talented scholars that concentrate their work on the Trans-Mississippi theater. Last week, while I pondered what Frazier was working on at the moment, a helpful soul on a messageboard directed me to the author's CV, posted on his university's website. Looks like some good stuff coming up:

  • Donald S. Frazier. "Tom Green’s Texans: The Civil War in Southwest Louisiana". College Station: Texas A&M University Press, forthcoming.
  • Donald S. Frazier, ed. "Texas: The Western Flank of the Confederacy". Fayetteville: University of Arkansas Press, forthcoming;
  • Donald S. Frazier. "Americans at War, 1861-1865: The Struggle for Southern Independence". London: University College London, forthcoming.

Although I shouldn't prejudge from title alone, I'm not quite sure we need another book like the last one on the list, but the first two definitely have my deep interest. The press Texas A&M is affiliated with has had a nice run of recent Civil War titles. I hope they keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.