Saturday, November 23, 2013

Best Civil War Books of 2013

No, I'm not referring to my annual CWBA list (that will come later) but the one from the Winter 2013 issue of Civil War Monitor magazine.  In it, six illustrious persons plus me were asked by editor Terry Johnston to select a "Top Pick" and an "Honorable Mention" [my two are on pages 68-69].  I'll not spoil anything so check your mailbox or newsstand.

The adjunct sidebar listing the ten best-selling Civil War books of the year is interesting in that it speaks to the enduring, if flagging, heft of the traditional marketing and distribution model for bookselling.  The first eight were far and away among the most prominently featured titles in my local Barnes & Noble store this year. #9 is a complete ('baffling' might be a better descriptor) surprise and #10 an entirely pleasant one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.