Thursday, June 21, 2018

Comment limbo (now fixed)

Ugh. I was wondering why I haven't been getting any comments on the site lately, and lo and behold I discover a month's backlog of comments for which I never received any notification! Tonight, I happened to check the moderation page and saw a large number of comments dating back to late May. I sincerely apologize for not getting to this sooner. I went on vacation at the end of last month and on the plane ride back I caught a nasty upper respiratory infection (thank you to all those people in front and on either side of me that coughed the entire flight and made no effort to cover their mouths) so I've been out of the loop for a while. Unfortunately, to prevent getting overrun by spam, I do have to moderate/approve all the comments, and the site's new comment notification system can be spotty (though it's never failed this badly before). Anyway, I did now approve all the comments. I will try to answer some of the direct questions by email. Again, my apologies.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I was beginning to wonder if I had gone batty ("Did I really type that comment and fail to hit 'Publish'?"), or if I had done something rude to get on your list of readers to be censored.

    Isn't modern technology wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will try changing the email that gets the notifications and see if that helps.

      Delete
  2. And here I thought you were blocking me, so I told the gals, "No more books for that Drew fellow." :)

    Ted Savas
    Savas Beatie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked the google forums and they are still working on a "fix" after a month. With free you get what you pay for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if the commenters getting notified of replies is working correctly again.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.