Friday, October 26, 2007

William Shea & Prairie Grove

Like many other Civil War in the Ozarks devotees, I've been waiting impatiently for the publication of William Shea's Prairie Grove project. I don't know which press will be publishing it, but as far as I can tell, the book is still scheduled for a release sometime in 2008 [I hope to see some mention of it in an upcoming Spring/Summer university press catalog; if UNC would do as wonderful a job with PG as they did with his earlier Pea Ridgebook, I would be well pleased to learn that Shea went with them].

The working title I've run across on the net is Fields of Blood: The Prairie Grove Campaign but I have no official confirmation of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Drew

    Like you, I'm anxiously awaiting Prarie Grove. The Pea Ridge book is one of my favorites.

    Speaking of newer books? Did you receive a review copy of the new Wade Hampton or Robert Rodes biographies?

    Regards
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Although it might be interesting to see what Collins does with a biography, I don't have any plans for reading either of those.

    One that I am really looking forward to is Ecelbarger's Winchester/Front Royal study. I think that was supposed to be a 2007 book as well, but so far no word from U. of Okla. Press.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.