Friday, October 23, 2015

Too Useful to Sacrifice

Publisher Savas Beatie recently tweeted the cover of a tantalizing title scheduled for 2016 — Too Useful to Sacrifice: Reconsidering George B. McClellan's Generalship in the Maryland Campaign from South Mountain to Antietam by Steven R. Stotelmyer. I don't think I've ever come across any of the author's previous writings that might shed light on what direction he's likely to take. A quick Google search tells me he's an Antietam battlefield guide and the author of The Bivouacs of the Dead: The Story of Those Who Died at Antietam and South Mountain.

I know someone who would kill to be the first person to read this book.

5 comments:

  1. Drew,

    Hmm. Let's see? Dimitri? :)

    --Ted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The person I am thinking of has a Russian name, initials D.R. and his name rhymes with Dimitri Rotov. So, yes, we are probably looking at the same guy!

      Delete
  2. LOL. When I accepted this manuscript I thought DR would have to be among the first to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve is long-time friend and good scholar. I have read his chapters and helped with a bit of research. His views will make Dimitri smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm genuinely excited by this work. It's a shame I can't get it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.