- The Battle of Richmond, Kentucky by Kenneth Hafendorfer.
- The Battle of Lynchburg by L. VanLoan Naisawald.
- The Civil War in the Big Sandy Valley of Kentucky by John David Preston.
- Wayne County, West Virginia in the Civil War by Jack Dickinson.
- The Civil War in Buchanan and Wise County, Virginia by Jeffrey Weaver.
- Battle of McDowell by Richard L. Armstrong.
- Campaign for Atlanta by William Scaife.
BTW, while on the same subject, another very lengthy comment was posted in response to my review of Brian McKnight's Contested Borderland. I thought I'd mention it as the correspondent put so much time and effort into it and the regular readers might not revisit the older post.
As a further aside, I read and appreciate every comment made here and do not want to see anyone who takes the time to write to be frustrated with comments not "taking". A couple recent visitors attempting to post very long comments have noted that it took several tries over several days for it to finally be accepted. The only common thread I could discover is length, so my advice would be to break up very long comments into smaller pieces. You might have better luck that way.