Monday, January 30, 2017

Troubled Refuge

When I mentioned the dearth of contraband camp studies in a recent review, no one called me out on the fact that I completely whiffed on Chandra Manning's Troubled Refuge: Struggling for Freedom in the Civil War released just months earlier. A publicist never contacted me about it (in fact, for some reason, the big trade publishers rarely send me anything anymore), and I had glanced past the title many times without realizing what it really was. To make up for the omission, I'll just give it a simple mention here. The WSJ reviewed it [link] around its release time late last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.