Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 A. M. Pate, Jr. Award in Civil War History

There are more Civil War book awards than you can shake a stick at, but the Pate Award, administered by the Fort Worth Civil War Round Table, is the one I hold most dear. It is the only award that exclusively considers Trans-Mississippi theater scholarship (my own primary area of reading and research interest), but I also have a personal connection to it, serving in a non-voting advisory capacity to the committee head. The last is something that I am very happy to continue to do.

This year's winner, the award's 20th recipient, is William L. Shea for his 2023 biography Union General: Samuel Ryan Curtis and Victory in the West (Potomac). The honor is without a doubt richly deserved. You can read my thoughts about the book here in my 1/12/23 review. Congratulations, Bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

***PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING***: You must SIGN YOUR NAME when submitting your comment. In order to maintain civil discourse and ease moderating duties, anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments containing outside promotions and/or product links will also be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.