A few Spring/Summer 08 online catalogs are out. The list is not exhaustive, just those university presses with the information publicly available [the book lists below don't include the reprints or paperback reissues of earlier hardcover titles]:
- Battle: The Nature and Consequences of Civil War Combat.
- Henry Hotze, Confederate Propagandist.
- Unfurl Those Colors!: McClellan, Sumner, and the Second Army Corps in the Antietam Campaign.
- Guide to Missouri Confederate Units (I got an early look at rough drafts of the artillery and cavalry sections of Jim McGhee's manuscript. This will be a very valuable reference work).
- Guide to the Atlanta Campaign: Rocky Face Ridge to Kennesaw Mountain.
- Grant’s Lieutenants: From Chattanooga to Appomattox.
- Encyclopedia of Civil War Shipwrecks.
- Saddle Bag and Spinning Wheel: Being the Civil War Letters of George W. Peddy, M.D., Surgeon, 56th Georgia Volunteer Regiment, CSA.
- Wade Hampton: Confederate Warrior to Southern Redeemer.
- Causes Won, Lost, and Forgotten: How Hollywood and Popular Art Shape What We Know about the Civil War.
- Lincoln and the Decision for War: The Northern Response to Secession.
- Freedom for Themselves: North Carolina's Black Soldiers in the Civil War Era.
- Three Days in the Shenandoah: Stonewall Jackson at Front Royal and Winchester.
- Vital Rails: The Civil War History of the Charleston & Savannah Railroad.
- Guardian of Savannah: Fort McAllister, Georgia, in the Civil War and Beyond.
- Planting The Union Flag In Texas: The Campaigns of Major General Nathaniel P. Banks in the West.
- As It Was: Reminiscences of a Soldier of the Third Texas Cavalry and the Nineteenth Louisiana Infantry.
- Fire in the Cane Field: The Federal Invasion of Louisiana and Texas, January 1861–January 1863.